[c-nsp] Catalyst 4507R Single Point of Failure

Antonio Soares amsoares at netcabo.pt
Fri Nov 20 09:04:25 EST 2009

That command is not available on the 4500. Please share with us the IOS/Platform where this is available. It seems exactly what we
need.

In the meanwhile, the problem is reproduced in the lab:

00:04:03: %C4K_IOSMODPORTMAN-4-FANTRAYBAD: Fan tray has failed
00:04:03: %C4K_CHASSIS-2-INSUFFICIENTFANSDETECTED: Too few working fans in fan tray, the chassis will overheat. If not resolved, in
4 minutes all line cards will be placed into Reset-Mode

So basically we learned that there are some IOS's with the auto-shutdown feature and that it can't be disabled.

Now it would be nice to know where the behavior changed !

Regards,

Antonio Soares, CCIE #18473 (R&S)
amsoares at netcabo.pt