[c-nsp] difference between WS-F6700-DFC3BXL and WS-F6700-DFC3CXL

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Sun Nov 22 20:55:09 EST 2009

On Monday 23 November 2009 08:34:32 am Ilya Balashov wrote:

> I'm looking for upgrade my 7606 filled with X6704-GE and
>  X6748-SFP (all with CFC right now) My first phase will
>  be swap SUP720-3BXL for RSP720-3CXL. but i'm in doubt
>  about second phase!
> i can't find any information about WS-F6700-DFC3BXL vs
>  WS-F6700-DFC3CXL, but price is different in 2-2.5 times!

Odd - we upgraded from the DFC-3BXL to the DFC-3CXL for the
same price.

In terms of differences, search the archives for details on
this, it has been discussed a few times. Bottom line, one of
the key differences, in terms of features, is that the -3CXL
supports several more MAC addresses. Apart from that, not so
much difference.

Note, though, that the -3CXL benefits only kick in when you
have a -3CXL supervisor module. If you have a -3BXL
supervisor module, the -3CXL DFC benefits will not be
enjoyed.

Advice, go with the -3CXL anyway.

Cheers,

Mark.