[c-nsp] Delayed IGP default-originate?

Jeff Aitken jaitken at aitken.com
Mon Nov 23 15:14:30 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 07:57:19PM +0000, Jeff Aitken wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 10:29:24AM -0800, Kevin Graham wrote:
> > Similar to Gert's question on on delayed eBGP startup, is there a good way
> > to delay IGP default-route generation?
>
> router isis
>  set-overload-bit on-startup wait-for-bgp
>
> router ospf
>  max-metric router-lsa on-startup wait-for-bgp

Oops, hit 's' instead of 'e'.  I meant to add: these commands do something
similar to what you're asking, and I think that they might what you actually
want; not only do you not want to generate a default route during initial BGP
convergence, you don't even want to be in the path (to a valid BGP NH) during
that period, for the same reasons.

Sorry, didn't mean to be extra terse. :-)

--Jeff