[c-nsp] delay eBGP sessions on startup?

David Hughes david at hughes.com.au
Tue Nov 24 14:50:45 EST 2009

On 24/11/2009, at 5:19 PM, Gert Doering wrote:

> Well, the "two routers" mentioned above are "the core" and "the border
> routers".  There *is* only these two :-)

Well, in that case the only thing I can think of is conditional advertisement based on the visibility of an iBGP prefix that you receive from the other router as someone mentioned before.  Again, this wouldn't be deterministic and you could quite possibly still blackhole traffic but hopefully for a much shorter time.  At least you'd know that the iBGP session had been established and prefixes were flowing even if things hadn't totally reconverged.

David