[c-nsp] OT: VSS + MEC - port-channel dynamically cloned?

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue Nov 24 19:10:30 EST 2009

On Wednesday 25 November 2009 04:01:47 am Tassos
Chatzithomaoglou wrote:

> According to tac, this is expected behavior for LACP if
>  there is a misconfiguration (typically when two links of
>  the same channel are attempted to be connected on two
>  different devices on the remote end, like in this case,
>  VSS/MEC) on the moment of the channel bundling. But in
>  my case it was something else and tac couldn't find the
>  root cause.

We've seen this behaviour when we enabled LACP under SXH3.

However, since upgrading to SXI2a late last month, there are
no more cloned interfaces. The actual port-channel is the
only port-channel. I found the "cloning" weird, at first.
But clearly, as much as it wasn't documented, SXI2a "fixed"
that issue :-).

We're also not seeing this issue on a 7606/RSP720-3CXL
running 12.2(33)SRC5.

Cheers,

Mark.