[c-nsp] Runts in the network

Antonio Soares amsoares at netcabo.pt
Wed Nov 25 07:53:00 EST 2009

Thank you for your feedback. This is actually frame-relay. But your post made me think and i found this interesting statement:

"There is no commonly implemented minimum or maximum frame size for Frame Relay, although a network must support at least a
262-octet. Generally, each Frame Relay provider specifies an appropriate value for its network. Frame Relay DTE must allow the
maximum acceptable frame size to be configurable. The minimum frame size allowed for Frame Relay is five octets between the opening
and closing flags, assuming a two-octet Q.922 address field. This minimum increases to six octets for a three-octet Q.922 address
and to seven octets for a four-octet Q.922 address format."

Source:

http://www.informit.com/library/content.aspx?b=Troubleshooting_Remote_Access&seqNum=119

Anynone knows what is the minimum frame size implemented by Cisco (cisco and ietf encapsulations) ?

Thanks.

Regards,

Antonio Soares, CCIE #18473 (R&S)
amsoares at netcabo.pt