[c-nsp] is a DWDM SFP a DWDM SFP?

Scott McGrath mcgrath at fas.harvard.edu
Wed Nov 25 08:41:56 EST 2009

Or Cisco could do something RADICAL and actually support the industry
standard optics model like they USED to
for GBIC's    Sure TAC would only support the Cisco optics which is
fair,  but being able to use any optic that is
physically present is PRICELESS.    And I can see customers whining
about why TAC will not support the
ACME SFP or X2 module.

But I've had too many instances where a SFP has blown and the only local
replacement
was a Finisar or HP from another piece of gear and then needed to rush a
change through change control so that
I could add 'service unsupported-transceiver'  to the config.  - our
shop is big on change control

Otherwise what is the point of a standardized PHY - which ALL other
vendors support,   We might as well

- Scott