[c-nsp] is a DWDM SFP a DWDM SFP?

Bill Blackford BBlackford at nwresd.k12.or.us
Wed Nov 25 11:20:34 EST 2009

I do not believe that Juniper keys their optics. My experience with this is limited though. I am able to get third-party optics to work just fine in EX switches.

bblackford at wsc-asw-02-1> show chassis hardware
Hardware inventory:
Item             Version  Part number  Serial number     Description
Chassis                                BH0208188142      EX3200-24T
FPC 0            REV 07   750-021261   BH0208188142      EX3200-24T, 8 POE
  CPU                     BUILTIN      BUILTIN           FPC CPU
  PIC 0                   BUILTIN      BUILTIN           24x 10/100/1000 Base-T
  PIC 1          REV 04   711-021270   AR0209216364      4x GE SFP
    Xcvr 0                NON-JNPR     FFX20H700284      SFP-SX
Power Supply 0   REV 02   740-020957   AT0508119769      PS 320W AC
Fan Tray                                                 Fan Tray

As you can see it identifies the Xcvr as non-Juniper.

On the Cisco side, I have a Vertex 1310M GLC-LH-SM that is working fine in a 3560G.

-b

--
Bill Blackford
Senior Network Engineer

this message was composed using 100% recycled electrons