[c-nsp] mlppp dot1q question

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Nov 26 13:13:30 EST 2009

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 09:57:11AM -0600, Justin Shore wrote:

> >Is there any way to run subinterfaces across a MLPPP bundle in IOS?
>
> I'm assuming that you want to carry a couple VLANs down a MLPPP bundle,
> correct?  If so then one solution is called BCP (Bridge Control
> Protocol).

One could use its more recent incarnation - EoMPLS.  Which works across
MLPPP "mostly fine" - that is, EoMPLS requires CEF, and there have been
nasty bugs with CEF and MLPPP in the past (we haven't bitten ourselves
but from what I saw on the list here).

But with a recent IOS this should work.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/