[c-nsp] IOS 15.0 - why the numbering jump?

Matthew Marlowe matt at deploylinux.net
Sun Oct 4 22:20:13 EDT 2009

Peter,

Someone on twitter said that Asian culture has a phobia of the number 14, similar to the western phobia of 13.  I would have preferred Cisco just ignore this stuff, but if they were going to bump, I guess 15 is just as good as 14.  At least they are not naming it Cisco IOS 2010 or some such.

Also, I just saw some references to what appears to be show version output for next version of ISR routers....down near the bottom of: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/fundamentals/configuration/guide/cf_dgtly_sgnd_sw.html, you can see what appears to be a Cisco 3945 booting.

Matt

Matthew Marlowe - http://www.deploylinux.net/
CEO @ DeployLinux Consulting, Inc
matt at deploylinux.net, 858-400-7430