[c-nsp] facebook related

jp jp at saucer.midcoast.com
Mon Oct 5 16:03:10 EDT 2009

Which Cisco router are you? [obnoxious moving graphics] Congratulation;
You are the 7500 series; you are power hungry, warm, impressive looking,
and traditional. Watch out; Geeks are attracted to your pretty color and
impressive presence. See what routers your friends are.

If you want to know someone's IP address, send them in a message a
unique URL to visit (or inline hyperlinked image in email) from a
webserver you control, then watch the logs for their visit.

On Thu, Oct 01, 2009 at 01:06:16PM -0700, Tony Tauber wrote:
> Aww. I thought this was going to introduce the Facebook app
> "IOS Upgrade Manager" which enables you to navigate www.cisco.com by
> using Facebook.  Answer burning questions like :
> "If your friends were IOS software, which train/version would they be?"
> Or games like "Two of your friends configured EIGRP using Protocol Wars".
>
> Well, there's still hope for the future.
>
> Tony
>
> On Thu, Oct 01, 2009 at 01:07:22PM -0400, Justin M. Streiner wrote:
> > On Thu, 1 Oct 2009, Mohammad Khalil wrote:
> >
> >> I was asked today if i recieved a message on facebook  can i know the
> >> ip address of the sender
> >
> > My guess is that you will not see the IP address of the sender when
> > you  receive a message through Facebook.  Facebook doesn't present
> > full message headers on messages that are sent through the website.
> > Since all communication happens through the website, that provides a
> > layer of  abstraction if Facebook/Myspace/insert_portal_here chooses
> > not to reveal  the sender's IP address to you.

/*
Jason Philbrook   |   Midcoast Internet Solutions - Wireless and DSL
    KB1IOJ        |   Broadband Internet Access, Dialup, and Hosting
 http://f64.nu/   |   for Midcoast Maine    http://www.midcoast.com/
*/