[c-nsp] So when is IPv6 failover coming to the ASA?

Leif Sawyer lsawyer at gci.com
Thu Oct 8 18:22:40 EDT 2009

Andrew Yourtchenko writes, in response to
> Nick Hilliard whom wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately, ASA boxes are beloved of enterprises, and
>> ipv6 is very much down the list as far as the enterprise
>> market segment is concerned.  The service provider market
>> has significantly different needs, but Cisco's ASA product
>> managers are not especially focussed on this segment.
>
> 8.2.2 should make the ipv6 and failover better friends than
> they are now.

How about some love for the FWSM's as well?

I'm part of a service provider operation.  We don't get any love
for IPv6 support here.  Driving me crazy.

I mean, seriously, do I have to rip out the FWSM's and put in
10GE trunks to a pair of Linux boxes just to get IPv4+IPv6 to work
correctly at the same time?

It'd probably save me time and effort in the long run. Sigh.

And while you're at it, Cisco,  *PLEASE*  fix the ASDM IPv6 support
such that I can just drop in the IPv6 object into an existing
rule, and the back end figures out the magic?  I shouldn't have to
duplicate all my rules for both IPv4 and IPv6.