[c-nsp] WCCPv2 - issuing "ip wccp" command over "ip wccp accelerated"

Dale Shaw dale.shaw+cisco-nsp at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 00:00:58 EDT 2009

Hi all,

One from left field --

Does anyone know what the impact (if any) is on a hardware-based
platform (in my case a 6500/SUP2/MSFC2) running:

 ip wccp 61 accelerated
 ip wccp 62 accelerated

..when the following commands are issued over the top?

 ip wccp 61
 ip wccp 62

There are active WAEs in the 61/62 service groups, but they're already
configured for l2-redirect and mask assignment.

Unfortunately I don't have a similarly configured 6500 available to
play on. I just want to know if this is likely to cause some kind of
WCCP re-negotiation and whether it's likely to result in a disruption
to traffic flow.

If I understand the usage of "accelerated" correctly, it doesn't
actually do anything 'extra' as long as the WAEs are L2 adjacent and
configured for l2-redirect/mask assign: hardware-accelerated WCCP
should be negotiated anyway. Just trying to standardise some configs.

cheers,
Dale