[c-nsp] SUP720 - 12.2(18)SXF17

Marcus.Gerdon Marcus.Gerdon at versatel.de
Fri Oct 9 10:17:53 EDT 2009

Besides limiting TTL-1's I'm currently completely dropping (limit 0) acl-drops and rpf-failures. Everything that's being dropped by an rpf 'source any' of course doesn't need a reply, as well as any anti-spoofing/anto-bogon-acl doesn't make sense of a reply sent.

Before reconfiguring a bunch of rate-limiters check for the grouping to be sure not to limit something unintentionally at a rate too low.

Btw, being at mls commands: 'mls cef error action' is a nice one defaulting to 'freeze' (default checked last with SXF10). I'd have to dig for the rather old description about the command but roughly this means freezing updates to the forwarding tables in case of a detected failure. I prefer running 'recover' here - better to rebuilt tables than being stuck with an old table version :-).

regards,

Marcus