[c-nsp] Cisco Layer 3 and Giga

Arie Vayner (avayner) avayner at cisco.com
Fri Oct 9 16:43:25 EDT 2009

Juan,

I would recommend that you take a look at the 4948 switches. They could be a good choice for small routing devices.

Be aware that there is a relatively low limit for the number of routes they can support.

If you require also QOS support, and more fancy features (like for example NetFlow), you should be looking at routers and not desktop switches (which are usually designed for LAN environments).

Arie