[c-nsp] mGRE with VRF-Lite

Shine Joseph shinejoseph at dodo.com.au
Sun Oct 11 15:20:04 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am working on a solution to run mGRE for VRF-Lite. This is my situation:
there are 5 sites currently connected by MPLS IPWAn provided by ISP. I want to run VRF-Lite throughout the network for path isolation between various VLANs. VRF-Lite works great within the site (Vrf-Lite end-to-end is being deployed). In order for to cross the IPWAN, mutipoint-GRE tunnels are being looked at. tunnels are getting created, but when advertised in the VRF routing process, neighbor is not being esablished. If I use the potint to point tunnel, neighbor relationship is estanblished, working as expected. The issue will be I need to create over 50 tunnels to achieve the expected results.

Can someone help me, if the mGRE with VRF-Lite is a feasible solution?

Thanks in advance

Shine
----------------------------

Following is a snippet of my configuration:

Router 1
========
interface Tunnel110
 ip vrf forwarding Data