[c-nsp] ibgp TTL

Manu Chao linux.yahoo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 11:57:00 EDT 2009

Oli,

More detail:

I have a standard IP/MPLS backbone with MP-iBGP between PEs loopbacks with
IS-IS L2 or OSPF area 0 as IGP.

This IGP is extended to some non MPLS routers X.

In some backbone links failure, IGP allow MP-iBGP to stay UP via X links
(non MPLS).

This specific IGP design introduce a L3VPN blackhole that can be solved by
IGP prefix filtering or by limiting TTL for MP-iBGP sessions, if possible :)