[c-nsp] mls qos on 7600 with native vlan and MPLS

Ольга Ружанская frosya84 at mail.ru
Fri Oct 16 05:00:59 EDT 2009

Hello,

>> For all egress traffic, PFC QoS uses a configurable map to derive a CoS value from the final internal >> DSCP value associated with the traffic.
>
> I understand, but what if your port is native? (ie. without 802.1p,
> means without cos??) How does the router classify from unexisting cos?

This is the output for L2 port from Port Trust section of manual :
"Not all traffic carries a CoS value. Only ISL, 802.1Q, and 802.1P traffic carries a CoS value. PFC QoS applies the port CoS value to any traffic that does not carry a CoS value. On untrusted ports, PFC QoS applies the port CoS value to all traffic, overwriting any received CoS value. Received CoS values are preserved only on ports configured to trust CoS. "

So, if You have not specified anything other - it will be 0 for native vlan either on trust/untrusted port (becuse port cos is 0 by default).

Best regards,
Olga