[c-nsp] 2600XM usability?

Graham Wooden graham at g-rock.net
Mon Oct 19 18:24:34 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I have a new network connecting to me that I will be shoving down some
routes to them via a 5Mb metro-ethernet. They have a 2621XM.  It will be
doing BGP, with maybe a route table of 86K routes (mine plus their other
provider, which I think is being delivered by a 2xT1 mlppp). I think it's
the 128D/32F model. Not sure of the IOS as of yet.

Does anyone have any real-world usability with this platform?  Will this box
hold up to 8Mb of traffic, with QoS/ACL and BGP with this number of routes?

Thanks,

-graham