[c-nsp] Inserting a default route into a MPLS/VPN pointing out of the VRF

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 18:51:53 EDT 2009

Hi,

I don't think there is a simple solution to that problem. Here are two
ideas that we came up with to solve our issues and still maintain
relatively 'clean' design.

1. With border routers as CEs  - run a trunk between the PE and border
routers with one vlan per vrf. That gives you ability to put a static
in a vrf.
2. Turn the border routers into PEs and move the internet table into a
vrf. From that vrf you can leak only specific routes (like the
default).

Ultimately we implemented second option (mainly because it was easier to scale).

kind regards
Pshem