[c-nsp] DWDM optics on 6500s

Kevin Graham kgraham at industrial-marshmallow.com
Tue Oct 20 10:48:26 EDT 2009

> I assume that even though the 6509-V-E is available, until the 80gig

> line cards and Sup are available, you'd be stuck at 40gig/slot?

Correct (nothing special about the 09-V-E in this respect compared to
any other the -E's as far as I know). This is the same as how the
traditional (pre-E) 6500 chassis was capable of doing to do 2x20gb per
slot, but it was a step  ahead of the rest of the system which would
only deliver 8gb (w/ SFM/SFM2) until the Sup720 was released.