[c-nsp] Multicast trickery

Wyatt Mattias Gyllenvarg wyatt.eliasson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 03:41:25 EDT 2009

Dear All

Paul, thank you for your reply!

I will test some of this today.

What I am missing in my understanding of this is 2 major things.

How would I get the SVI toward the flooding multicast provider to know
what floods it is receiving? ip mroute? or does it learn when a
certain packet is recieved? Perhaps I have not waited long enough?
What would a static multicast route look like, all my attempts
indicate that I don not understand how it works :p

Best regards
Mattias Gyllenvarg
Omnitron