[c-nsp] WAAS NM-WAE License?

David Lima David.Lima at alphasys.com.bo
Fri Oct 23 11:35:15 EDT 2009

Thanks Dale, I will try that.
Have a nice weekend.
David

David Alejandro Lima Mencias
Soporte Internetworking
Alpha Systems S.R.L.
Tel: 591-2-2354141 ext. 256
Cel: 591-72568138
La Paz - Bolivia
david.lima at alphasys.com.bo

-----Mensaje original-----
De: dale.shaw at gmail.com [mailto:dale.shaw at gmail.com] En nombre de Dale Shaw
Enviado el: Jueves, 22 de Octubre de 2009 05:44 p.m.
Para: David Lima
CC: cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
Asunto: Re: [c-nsp] WAAS NM-WAE License?

Hi David,

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 3:12 AM, David Lima <David.Lima at alphasys.com.bo> wrote:
> Hi, I have a C2811 with  a NM-WAE-502.
>
>  1.  How can I check is the license is an Enterprise or transport?

I haven't used a WAAS NM before, but I understand you access it either
directly (CLI or web GUI; https://ip.addr:8443) or via a
"service-module .." command. Anyway, if you can get a command line up,
"show license" will tell you what license type is used.

>  2.  If I have a transport license, How can I upgrade to Enterprise License?

"license add Enterprise" will do it. It's an honour system.

You can also enable it using the web GUI and again it's just a tick box.

cheers,
Dale