[c-nsp] High frequent OIR issues on 7600 CISCO

samuel vuillaume vuillaumes at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 23:06:58 EDT 2009

Hi Guys,

i'd like to share with you my concerns regarding the 7600 CISCO chassis....
For many weeks, we've been experiencing a high frequent Card and chassis
failure during  an Online Insertion removal action.....

2 weeks ago, we inserted a new ES card into a 7600.... that one tore down
all the vpls circuits, and we needed to reboot the Chassis to bring them up!

Yesterday night, as per a Cisco recommendation, we needed to swap a SIP600
card into a 7600 to fix a faulty Temp sensor.....As a result:

- New SIP600 inserted into the module 4 (as previously)
- Module 7-8-9 were down and stuck in Diagnostic mode
- 90% of our VLANs into the chassis were down!

After a reboot, it was even worst! the ultimate solution has been the
chassis replacement!!! and the funny thing is the syslog message is still
coming up!!! Temp sensor error!!!!

CISCO have no comments.....

Has anybody experienced the same kind of issue on 7600/6500?

Tks for sharing
Sam