[c-nsp] High frequent OIR issues on 7600 CISCO

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Mon Oct 26 02:27:19 EDT 2009

On Sun, 25 Oct 2009, samuel vuillaume wrote:

> Has anybody experienced the same kind of issue on 7600/6500?

Having handled quite a few tens of 7600, the only chassis replacement I
can remember was one in the lab where the backplane/fabric connectors were
demolished after inserting a linecard and the chassis needed replacement.

When doing OIR in 7600 there is a peg which stalls the bus during
insertion (I believe it's still there anyway), so insertion should be firm
without being violent to work the best. If all these errors is happening
to a single person, it might be worthwile to look into the technique used
to insert the linecards, it might well affect the outcome of the
insertion.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se