[c-nsp] CoPP and IP addressing plan strategy

dooz at free.fr dooz at free.fr
Mon Oct 26 05:53:34 EDT 2009

Hi,

we plan to implement CoPP on all of LAN equipments of the compagny.
One of the main problem is to build an ACL permiting hop-by-hop connexion on
each equipment: each equipment need to be accessed by any other equipment which
is directly connected, in cas of routing issue.
Of course, we don't want to build a specific ACL for each equipment, so we would
like a unique ACL. On the other hand, we would like to avoid to have a huge ACL
including all interconnexion subnets. This means we need to have a coherent
addressing plan for all interconnexion IP subnets of our network, what we don't
have at this moment (the interconnexion subnets are sometimes included in the IP
range of the site - permtting summarization - , sometimes it is included into
192.168 specific subnet dedicated for that).
So my question is: what is your strategy for interconnexion IP subnet choice.

Regards,

P.L