[c-nsp] 7600-ES20 L2 and L3 Multiplexing

piotr/sawicki piotr.sawicki.pl at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 11:47:43 EDT 2009

Antonio Soares wrote:
> Thank you for this feedback. So it must be something related with the ES card. You have an ES+ and i have an ES. I need to check the
> ES+ documents to see if there is a reference to this.
>

> Regards,
>
> Antonio Soares, CCIE #18473 (R&S)
> amsoares at netcabo.pt

Hello !!

I think something is being altered on the way from SRB do SRD release
I also have ES20 card , and with SRB it was possible to config ip main
interface ( ip , mpls ..)
and below it , service instances for l2 vlans

Like this
int ten2/0/0
ip address 192.168.100.1 255.255.255.0
mpls ip
ip router isis
service-policy output 10G
!
service instance 2000 ethernet
encapsulation dot1q 2000
bridge-domain 2

With SRD you can't have such config , such error is displayed :

(config-if)#service instance 2000 ethernet
L2 service instance can not be configured on this interface because IP
address is already configured

also cyt
Scalable EoMPLS on Cisco 7600 Series ES+ Line Cards :
Because HWEoMPLS is not supported on the ES+ line card, the xconnect
command will be rejected on the main Layer 3 interface and Layer 3
subinterface.

But we talk about ES cards .. , and I confirm - your config was possible
with SRB6 , and it's not with SRD3 ( exactly ipv6 addr on subinterf is
rejected :) )

//regards Piotr Sawicki