[c-nsp] 3560 MM SFP.

Keith kwoody at citytel.net
Mon Oct 26 14:36:42 EDT 2009

On Mon, 26 Oct 2009, Tony Varriale wrote:

|->Hard to say.  But, I usually start with cabling then the optics.
|->
|->>
|->> Have a MM SFP in gig 0/1 of a 3560.
|->>
|->> Seeing lots of input errors on the gig port of the 3560.
|->>
|->> Other side of the fiber link is in a 7206vxr. The 7206 side of the fiber
|->> link is fine. No input/output error, no drops etc.
|->>
|->> # sh controllers ethernet-controller gig 0/1
|->>
|->> <snip>
|->>
|->> 133609743 Symbol error frames
|->>    89134 Invalid frames, too large
|->>    0 Valid frames, too large
|->>    14929952 Invalid frames, too small
|->>    0 Valid frames, too small
|->>
|->> Is this indicitive of a bad SFP?

I'm trying to track down the fiber guy all morning to pin him down and
get him to check things.

But there is some ugly drop counts on the asic level:

>>sh controllers ethernet-controller port-asic statistics

 161430129 TxBufferFull Drop Count               0 Rx Fcs Error Frames
 119439053 RxBuffer Drop DestIndex Cou           0 Rx Too Old Frames
     17888 SneakQueue Drop Count                 0 Tx Too Old Frames
         0 Learning Queue Overflow Fra           0 System Fcs Error Frames
         0 Learning Cam Skip Count

         0 Sup Queue 0 Drop Frames             698 Sup Queue 8 Drop Frames
         0 Sup Queue 1 Drop Frames               0 Sup Queue 9 Drop Frames
         0 Sup Queue 2 Drop Frames               0 Sup Queue 10 Drop
       540 Sup Queue 3 Drop Frames       156254840 Sup Queue 11 Drop
         0 Sup Queue 4 Drop Frames               0 Sup Queue 12 Drop
         0 Sup Queue 5 Drop Frames               0 Sup Queue 13 Drop
    818632 Sup Queue 6 Drop Frames               0 Sup Queue 14 Drop
       791 Sup Queue 7 Drop Frames               0 Sup Queue 15 Drop