[c-nsp] Aftermarket/DIY mounts for Cisco ISR AIMs

Dale Shaw dale.shaw+cisco-nsp at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 03:27:02 EDT 2009

Hi,

Long story short: we've got a bunch of VPN AIMs but no mounts
(stand-offs/spacers). It happened 'cause a colleague removed them for
government security compliance reasons, but left the mounts behind
(still attached to the system board). It's not feasible to recover the
mounts from the now-deployed devices.

I've seen some pirates on eBay charging USD $24 per kit. I went into
my local electronics bits n pieces store (Jaycar) and they didn't have
any compatible stand-offs. I asked our Cisco distributor but they
advised the OEM part is not available as a spare [and if it was, it'd
probably make the eBay pirates look like animal rescue volunteers].

If anyone has had to do this before, please points me in the right
direction. If anyone knows of a good online retailer that sells this
sort of thing, I may get motivated enough to do some experimenting.

cheers,
Dale