[c-nsp] MPLS x-connect to router itself

Per Carlson perc69 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 04:31:52 EDT 2009

Hi.

> I was wondering if IOS MPLS routers (ME6500 PFC3C in my case) can
> establish an MPLS x-connect to itself, although it's not the IP
> address of router-id but another loopback address added for this
> purpose.

In Cisco language, this is called "Local Switching" (see
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/ios/12_0s/feature/guide/fslocal.html).

> Lab is currently in use by another scenario, and it would also not
> tell me whether this is an IOS or platform limitation.

There is a vast number of restrictions on this feature. If it fit your
needs, you're a lucky one :) Personally, I'm very much miss "Vlan to
Vlan different interfaces" on GSR, but it's at least supported on IOS
XR (though undocumented).

--
Pelle