[c-nsp] Xconnect on Portchannel interface [EoMPLS]

David Hughes david at hughes.com.au
Wed Oct 28 18:58:17 EDT 2009

On 20/10/2009, at 8:01 PM, Marko Milivojevic wrote:

> I had another thought after my original reply, but for some reason I
> didn't send you follow-up. Have you tried not enabling EC on Cisco
> doing xconnect (PE) at all and simply having it just on end-nodes:
>
> A===PE1---PE2===B

This is the configuration we use.  N * GigE port based xconnect on the
south side of the PE router and configure the port-channel on the "ce"
device.  Our PEs are multi 10GE attached.  This has worked very well
for us.  Only problem is picking up loss of link at the far end.  You
really have no choice but to rely on aggressive udld to pick up the
circuit loss and take it out of the port-channel.  But, in our case
the end systems are 6500s so you can't do fast udld timers.    You may
have ~~ 1sec reconvergence at L3 but an L2 issue over a pw takes about
20 seconds to be picked up by udld.

David