[c-nsp] Xconnect on Portchannel interface [EoMPLS]

David Hughes David at Hughes.com.au
Thu Oct 29 07:15:45 EDT 2009

On 29/10/2009, at 5:02 PM, Colin Whittaker wrote:

> Would fast rate LACP help here. Should be able to get lacp to notice
> that the link is missing in < 5 seconds

Interesting thought.  Not that familiar with LACP.  I can say for sure
that PAgP is relying on IOS's understanding of link state so until the
interface drops you just black-hole traffic down a port-channel member
that doesn't go anywhere.  UDLD Aggressive will yank the interface
down and pull it from the port-channel,   _ eventually _

Does LACP do more end-to-end signalling that could help here?

David