[c-nsp] ISR G2 "multicore"?

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at arbor.net
Thu Oct 29 16:24:57 EDT 2009

On Oct 30, 2009, at 3:12 AM, Frank Bulk - iName.com wrote:

> there's enough implementations using particular 'knobs' that a less
> than complete feature set would leave the majority of network
> engineers frustrated.

Especially when we're talking about the smaller software-based
platforms, this is directly contrary to my experience working with
many customers on many networks, FWIW.

A huge number of features in IOS simply aren't used by very many
people; this isn't opinion, it's fact.  Yes, they're critical to the
folks who use them, and a network infrastructure vendor shouldn't
break things for their customers; which is why I suggested re-
implementing on top of NX-OS and starting with more commonly-used
features and then moving to the more esoteric ones, and explicitly did
*not* say 'and discontinue legacy IOS before getting everything
ported', heh.

;>

Sorry, sometimes I mistake your existential crises for technical
insights.

			-- xkcd #625