[c-nsp] Basic RSTP question

samuel vuillaume vuillaumes at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 21:47:38 EDT 2009

Hi Guys,

I can tell you, it was a really bad day....

Since a while, we;ve been experiencing Interrupt High spikes CPU on one of
our 7609-SUP720. So this morningwhen we got them , i ran the following as
per CISCO recommendations, and unfortunately a few seconds later, the Active
SUP720 reset causing a switchover over the slave one and a downtime of 10
minutes!!!!!

CISCO told me many times, it was not CPU intensive and these CLI's are built
to be run when CPU is at 99%...

I was wondering if one of you experienced the same kind of problem. tks

switch(config)#service internal

switch# show platform capture buffer asic pinnacle slot 5 port 4 direction
out priority lo

switch# show platform capture buffer collect for 10

When i was looking at the capture buffered the crashed occured.

I'm now really in a bad position....

tks

Sam