[c-nsp] Good way of finding unauthorized network elements/

Scott Granados gsgranados at comcast.net
Fri Oct 30 14:08:52 EDT 2009

Hi all
I have a general question.  I have a network consisting of about 20 access
switches and 2 core switches.  We have 3 access points that we manage but
think someone might have brought in a linksys or DLink consumer device and
plugged in.  (users, can't live with em, can't shoot em)
Is there a tool or good method that could scan the arp table and look for
Manufacturor ID bits so I could see roughly what's attached where?  Are
there better tools in general or better methods of finding rogue elements
that people may attach?
Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks
Scott