[c-nsp] ubr npe-g2 vs 7200 npe-g2

Jaquish, Bret Bret.Jaquish at Navistar.com
Fri Oct 30 15:49:15 EDT 2009

Possibly.  Are there differences in the I/O ports on the UBR-NPE-G2 and the "non-UBR" NPE-G2?  I really haven't had any experience with the UBR models of routers.

Bret

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Pruett [mailto:joey at clean.q7.com]
Sent: Friday, October 30, 2009 2:45 PM
To: Jaquish, Bret
Cc: Arie Vayner (avayner); cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: RE: [c-nsp] ubr npe-g2 vs 7200 npe-g2

> "The Cisco 7200 VXR routers and Cisco uBR7200 series routers use
> different models of the NPE-G1 processor. For the Cisco 7200 VXR routers
> , order the NPE-G1 or NPE-G1= product. For the Cisco uBR7200 series
> router, order the UBR7200-NPE-G1 or UBR7200-NPE-G1= product. The two
> models of NPE-G1 have different labels and use different boot helper
> images, and they cannot be interchanged between the Cisco 7200 VXR
> routers and Cisco uBR7200 series routers."
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/7200/install_and_upgrade/network_process_engine_install_config/npense.html
>

> Bret

thanks.  i had hunted around but couldn't come up with anything that
clear.  i still wouldn't be surprised if you could replace the boot image
and be ok, but for now i'll take cisco at their word.

Disclaimer Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail, and any attachments
and/or documents linked to this email, are intended for the
addressee and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential, proprietary, or otherwise protected by law.  Any
dissemination, distribution, or copying is prohibited.  This
notice serves as a confidentiality marking for the purpose of
any confidentiality or nondisclosure agreement.  If you have
received this communication in error, please contact the
original sender.