[c-nsp] network rebuild questions

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at arbor.net
Sat Oct 31 14:03:52 EDT 2009

On Nov 1, 2009, at 12:47 AM, Bill Desjardins wrote:

> this reminded me of a point I forgot to mention.. budget. sup2's are
> what I can afford.

One is better off not building a network at all than building one
which doesn't provide the baseline functionality necessary to exert
control over it, IMHO, heh.

What about ASR1Ks?  And have you looked into used gear?

Building a network with 6500s at the edge based upon any current
hardware is a road into despair and grief, IMHO; same with 6500s with
Sup2s in the core, IMHO.

Sorry, sometimes I mistake your existential crises for technical
insights.

			-- xkcd #625