[c-nsp] NAT Ager CPU Usage

Philip Davis pdavis at i2k.com
Tue Sep 1 11:36:25 EDT 2009

Hello,

  I have a 2621XM that is using more CPU on the NAT aging process that I
would expect. At this moment that process is sitting around 15% with
~1700 entries in the NAT translation table. In comparison I have other
2621XMs at other sites doing 2500+ NAT translations where the NAT ager
process is using <1% of the CPU. At times the NAT ager will use 50+% of
the CPU still with relatively few translations. This causes problems.
  Does anyone have any idea why this may be happening?

  Thanks,
Phil