[c-nsp] Multiple power supply failures. Advise needed

Geoffrey Pendery geoff at pendery.net
Tue Sep 1 13:06:12 EDT 2009

Another odd-ball thing to look for, which has plagued us in a few
locations, is zinc whiskers.
You mention physically moving to a new colo provider, and that your
power is supposed to be clean...
We've had repeated power supply failures because of zinc whiskers in a
few of our sites.

Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zinc_whiskers and Google for
"zinc whiskers".
Probably not your problem, but it's one more weird thing to check.

-Geoff