[c-nsp] Multiple power supply failures. Advise needed

Scott Granados gsgranados at comcast.net
Tue Sep 1 13:39:36 EDT 2009

Are these random events?  Have you mapped the failures against any sort of
power testing / maintenance that the provider is conducting?  We used to
blow power supplies in an XO facility in San Francisco and found out after
some digging that their power folks were crack smokers, not professionals
and were the actual cause of the failures  You might also want to make sure
the backup power is sized properly.  I have a client now that lost several
6500 supplies after a power failure in the bay area because their UPS system
went crazy under far to much load.  Sounds like transients to me!