[c-nsp] Monitoring CPU usage on a Sup720-3BXL (BGP)

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Tue Sep 1 14:10:22 EDT 2009

                Hey there,

We've probably all seen this issue before, with BGP scanner eating up a large amount of CPU time on a powerful supervisor/route processor, etc. My question is, how are you supposed to accurately monitor the performance/utilization of the system when this thing is pushing it up to 80% on a regular basis, alternatively, does anyone know if they're ever going to release a product that doesn't have this quirk? its been doing this since the days of the 7500 /w VIP2-50s (as far as I know).

-Drew