[c-nsp] do i *need* DFCs on the 6500?

Matyas Koszik koszik at atw.hu
Wed Sep 2 08:57:20 EDT 2009

The PFC is capable of the same things as a DFC, just in a centralized
manner. So, for example, CoPP works just fine in hardware with a PFC - you
don't NEED to offload the QoS to the LCs. You need a DFC only if some
resources are close to exhaustion (like pps rates supported by centralized
forwarding, netflow entries, QoS entries and so on).