[c-nsp] Geographically dispersed ASA failover?

Michael Fox michaelfox100 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 14:56:18 EDT 2009

As long as your latency is under 10ms, you should be fine.
>From Cisco's site: "For optimum performance when using long distance LAN
failover, the latency for the failover link should be less than 10
milliseconds and no more than 250 milliseconds. If latency is more than 10
milliseconds, some performance degradation occurs due to retransmission of
failover messages.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa80/configuration/guide/failover.html#wp1052476

Michael