[c-nsp] ATM packet loss

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Wed Sep 2 15:01:15 EDT 2009

On Wed, 2 Sep 2009, James Berwick wrote:

> works fine.  Pinging a customer on our OC3 with any packet larger than 576
> bytes intermittently fails.
>
> This is the ATM OC3 config:
> interface ATM1/1/0
> mac-address 0000.0c71.1148
> bandwidth 155000
> no ip address
> load-interval 30
> atm ilmi-keepalive
> end

First thing I'd try here would be to configure some ubr value on the OC3,
set it to 120 megabit/s or something like that. If that helps, increase
until you get close to wirespeed and see if the problem creeps up the
higher the UBR. The behaviour you're seeing is alike to what I've seen
when there is a cell policer dropping cells somewhere.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se