[c-nsp] BGP multihop between two sites

Randy McAnally rsm at fast-serv.com
Wed Sep 2 21:10:02 EDT 2009

> I'm not quite clear on the floating default? What is it floating "over"? If you are receiving a default in BGP,
> then are you / can you receive it from multiple providers for resiliency? And if so, under what circumstances
>  is the floating static ever active in your routing tables?

It's a high distance static default route in place, to keep packets flowing in case of an eBGP malfunction.  In this case, it was routing packets between locations because the prefixes were not in the routing tables.  This was not discovered until the provider the default pointed went down.

--
Randy