[c-nsp] CIsco ASA processes

Andrew Yourtchenko ayourtch at cisco.com
Thu Sep 3 11:25:14 EDT 2009

Hi,

On Thu, 3 Sep 2009, almog ohayon wrote:

> Hello Everyone,Does anyone knows what is a Dispatch Unit process in Cisco
> ASA 5510 ??

low-level packet forwarding. Don't worry about the high Runtime number
there, if that is the underlying question :)

> And also to check the attached file and understand why my CPU usage has peak
> of 10 - 20 % in 5 sec intervals.

take two "show proc" and look at the difference of runtimes (except the
"dispatch unit" processes).

Otherwise the values are since the last restart. But if your utilisation
was steady over all the time, then periodic high volume of logging might
have something to do with it.

thanks,
andrew