[c-nsp] Management stuff in VRFs

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at arbor.net
Thu Sep 3 18:06:33 EDT 2009

On Sep 4, 2009, at 4:34 AM, Peter Rathlev wrote:

> we would actually end up with a seperate set of interfaces for
> _everything_ which is not customer traffic, including IGP and BGP
> (and LDP for those so inclined).

Divorcing the control plane from dependence upon the data plane would
be a huge win in terms of security/availability.  It's unfortunate
that the routing protocols currently in use weren't designed for this
mode of operation from the start.

Sorry, sometimes I mistake your existential crises for technical
insights.

			-- xkcd #625