[c-nsp] slow down VTY speed

Goulet, Brian bgoulet at harris.com
Fri Sep 4 13:02:28 EDT 2009

On Wednesday 02 September 2009 03:04:55 pm Tony wrote:

> One thing that I've just discovered that puzzles me is
> that the OSPF neighbour drops are only on ONE of the
> links that come into this 7204. It has neighbours on the
> interfaces Fa0/0.3, Atm1/0.2 & Atm1/0..3. It is only the
> neighbour on the Fa0/0.3 interface that is dropping, the
> two connected via ATM are not dropping at all. Is there
> any logical reason for this ? Is it because I'm using the
> 10/100 port on the I/O module ? Would it be any different
> if the ethernet interface was on a PA instead ?

Not sure if anyone answered this.  Check the hello timers for the interfaces.  As I recall, ethernet interfaces default to a shorter hello/dead interval than do ATM/frame relay/etc.  Longer timer intervals on your ATM interfaces could account for their neighbor relationships being more resilient in the face of adversity.

Brian