[c-nsp] Management stuff in VRFs

Scott Granados gsgranados at comcast.net
Fri Sep 4 16:18:44 EDT 2009

Hi, just to add to this...

I have to strongly support the out of band management angle.  If designed
properly you can carry all your management traffic including provisioning
and authentication as well as provide emergency access.  A simple setup with
T1's and 25xx / 26xx boxes with the octopus cables should do the trick.
Aggregate them over a reasonable sized geographic area to an aggregation
core and Bob's your uncle.  When you see DS1 loop pricing in some markets
sub $40 per it seems worth it instead of dealing with the headaches and lack
of functionality of inband management.