[c-nsp] Catalyst vs. Nexus

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at arbor.net
Wed Sep 9 08:10:57 EDT 2009

On Sep 9, 2009, at 6:18 PM, Nick Hilliard wrote:

>  although I understand that it supports netflow properly, which is a
> real improvement.

It does - packet-sampled control of flow creation (i.e., true sampled
NetFlow), logical OR of TCP flags within a flow, dropped traffic,
layer-2 NetFlow across ports within the same VLAN, larger NetFlow
table size, etc.

ACL construction is much easier than on 6500 (doesn't have the weird
LOU constraints), and you get per-interface uRPF mode settings, as
well (vs. whole-box on 6500).

Sorry, sometimes I mistake your existential crises for technical
insights.

			-- xkcd #625